So you booked your Portrait Session. Great! What is next?
We put a list together for you with a few suggestions to make the most out of your portrait session, again these are only suggestions and not a requirement for any of our Photo-shoots.
The easiest way to remember is to; KEEP IT SIMPLE!
Mix and Coordinate but DON'T Match. Look it at this way, if all are wearing beige pants and red shirts it will look like uniforms, and you don't want that unless that is exactly what you are going for.
If you have time to prepare and plan for your photo-shoots, take these suggestions in consideration. This is your time to shine on these pictures and cherish them forever, so make it memorable. The outfit of choice it's very important as well as accessories but remember LESS IS MORE. So make sure you share this post on your wall or send it to your email to keep it as a reference. Share it with your family and friends if you like. You will be helping them too. Okay so let's get started!
- Choose colors that are flattering to your skin tone. If you are thinking on getting this picture on your wall, chose colors that will go great with your walls.
- Solid Colors, maybe pair them with large patterns and use accessories such as; hats, hairpiece, necklace, bracelets, belts, scarfs, beanies, leather cuffs, watches, suspenders, etc.
- Chose colors that goes with the session.
- Wear comfort shoes and chose neutral tones.
- Wear what makes you fit comfortable with. The way you feel about your outfit may be reflected on the images, specially with the kids. Choose fun outfits for kids.
- Avoid horizontal small lines and busy patters. We want you to be the main attraction, and the busy patterns makes it a bit distracting for the viewer.
- Avoid Cap Sleeves. Again, these can be very distracting too.
- Do not wear white socks or athletic shoes if possible.
- Unless is a commercial photo-shoot, avoid logo.
- Don't Match but coordinate.
Thanks for staying until the end. I hope to photograph you soon.